Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Lunch Menu Monday


I normally pack both of the kids lunches everyday, sometimes breakfast too. I recently fell in love with the LapTop Lunches that I ordered for both of the kids. I love the bento style lunches and have been doing them for over a year. I have been wanting to order bento boxes but the majority of them come from Japan or China, and they are not microwave or dishwasher safe, and those are a must. Not knowing what the heck is in the plastic also was a concern for me. Hence the purchase of the LapTop Lunches. BPA free, dishwasher safe, microwave safe, and all of the containers have lids. The box itself even has a spot for silverware and a napkin. Love it!

I cook dinner about 90% of the time. Once and a while we will grab something on the way home, but we have a lot of food in the house, so we might as well use it. Every week we try to stop at the Farmers Market on Sunday to get out fruits and vegetables. I stock up on meat when it is on sale, the basics we buy each week, and everything else I stock up on and store in the pantry. We always have leftovers, so I like to put them to use, mainly for our lunches.

I thought I would start doing pictures of the kids lunches on Monday.

Welcome "Lunch Menu Monday"!

I cook dinner about 90% of the time. Once and a while we will grab something on the way home, but we have a lot of food in the house, so we might as well use it. Every week we try to stop at the Farmers Market on Sunday to get out fruits and vegetables. I stock up on meat when it is on sale, the basics we buy each week, and everything else I stock up on and store in the pantry. We always have leftovers, so I like to put them to use, mainly for our lunches.

I just took a picture of Jonathan's lunch this week as him and Lilah have pretty much the same thing. Tomorrow is his first day of Preschool at Ms, Di's, so he wants to take his lunch in a backpack. Too funny, they do "school time" for an hour or so, and he is sooo excited to start again.

Monday's Menu:

Whole wheat pasta, light smoked sausage, olive oil, diced tomatoes, zucchini, onions, and eggplant. The zucchini and eggplant came from Nana and Papa's garden, and I think it might have been the biggest zucchini EVER!

2 plumbs from Spicers Orchard which we visited on Sunday.

Raspberries and Blueberries that we picked from Spicers. Well, Mike and I picked them. Jonathan put 4 raspberries in the quart and everything else he picked, he ate.

Corn Bread that Grandma made, mmmmmm!

One of Jonathan's favorite drinks, Milk!

Chocolate Teddy Grahams for a treat!

No comments: