Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Goodbye Caliber, Hello New Life

I never thought I would be saying this, but I L.O.V.E. my new van. Yep you heard me. There is so much room, and it is very comfortable.

Anyways, I have been slacking on the kid updates, so here is goes.

Jonathan
is loving summer. This week is his last soccer practice. I am afraid to tell him because he is going to be DEVASTATED. He has also been taking Tennis lessons. He loves to play tennis with his cousin and his girlfriend (his cousin is not his girlfriend, they all happen to take lessons together). Mike even bought a tennis racket so they can play together. I think he has to be home to be able to do that though. His methods of playing have been changing over the past few months. In addition to playing with his trains, cars, and legos, he now likes playing with his "guys". These "guys" include Rescue Heroes, misc. fast food toys, and a few Super Heroes (Batman, Human Torch, Silver Surfer, Green Goblin, New Goblin . . .) It's very entertaining to watch and listen to.

Jonathan and Lilah have started arguing, It's actually pretty funny. I am sure I won't be saying that in a few months though. He'll yell at her, and she yells right back. She will purposely wait until he yells "No" to yell back.

Lilah
Wow. What can I say? She is now 10 1/2 months old. I can believe she is going to be 1 in just over a month. I need to get working on a Smash The Cake session. She is becoming quite the little lady. She loves to "talk" and is eating just about everything we eat now. We have added dairy back in to her diet and she is doing great. It looks like she has outgrown the MSPI and Reflux. This makes us so happy. I feel like I am feeding two teenagers the way they eat. I have not come across anything she will eat yet. Drinking, now that is another story. I have started trying to introduce cow's milk to her. It's starting to get a little better,she'll now take a sip or two. I think weaning her is going to take a little longer than I expected. Miss Lilah has also taken a step. She'll grab your hand and start walking at the pace of a mall walker. Seriously, she takes off. I give it a few weeks. Lilah's favorite toys are matchbox cars, monster trucks and trains. She does like to play with the occasional motorcycle or super hero. Yea, I think I need to get her some girl toys.

Not much else is new. We are about to go camping with the kids for the first time. That should be interesting.

No comments: