Sunday, August 23, 2009

She's one. A glass of wine(for me), and a box of Kleenex.

It's hard to believe that my little Lilah is now one.

This past year has gone by faster than I ever could have imagined. A year ago, we were a family of three. This little lady was safe and sound in my belly. Then after a trip to the hospital, Lilah was "boring"(Jonathan insists that is what happened).

The first few months were rough. When she would stop breathing it was terrifying. Her intollerance to so many things that I was eating completly changed my diet, along with hers. Now, she will often eat just as much, if not more, than what Jonathan eats at a meal. And he is a good eater. She no longer wants anything to do with babyfood, and eats whatever we are eating.

This little girl that was carried around hooked up to a monitor for months, now walks and dances across the floor.

That little dark head of hair is now lighter, and very curly (wonder where that came from).

Those little toes that were too chubby to fit in shoes, still only fit in a pair or two :)

That little mouth that would utter a cry here and there, now argues back and forth with her brother. And yells "momma" when I am needed, will say Lilah, Bubba, and Dadda occassionally.

The little body that slept next to me in the co-sleeper, still sleeps next to me in her pack and play. And I imagine she will stay there a few months longer. Just not quite ready to make the move to her big bed yet.

I don't know why I am more emotional about her turning one, with Jonathan I was just so excited at each and every new thing he was doing. Maybe it is because she could be our last, maybe not. Either way, she was just born, and now she is one. A toddler. My newborn is now a toddler. I think this deserves some wine. And some tissues.

No comments: