Thursday, March 12, 2009

No More Nightly News

I don't know why being a mom makes you worry so much, and that is one thing that I struggle with often. The things that are out of my control. Like last night, I made the mistake of watching the news while I was feeding Lilah before bed. I sat there crying because I thought our house was going to burn down, and the smoke detectors weren't going to work, and I wouldn't be able to get to Jonathan fast enough, and he is not old enought to understand to go out the window or strong enough to break it to get out. Yea, I know. Then I was terrified someone was going to try to offer him candy to kidnap him or take him out of his bedroom window. So I went and got him out of his bed, at 11:30, and put him next to me in our bed. And I sat there holding him and Lilah terrified something was going to happen to my babies. Finally when I was almost asleep, I put her in her co-sleeper next to me, rolled over and went to bed.

I wish I had printed this yesterday right away after I got it from a good friend. Sometimes I get so caught up in what I do not have control over, I forget someone else does. I hope this gives you the peace that it gives me.

Dear Lord,

I thank You for this day, I thank You for my being able to see and to hear this morning. I'm blessed because You are a forgiving God and an understanding God.

You have done so much for me and You keep on blessing me. Forgive me this day for everything I have done, said or thought that was not pleasing to you.

I ask now for Your forgiveness. Please keep me safe from all danger and harm.

Help me to start this day with a new attitude and plenty of gratitude. Let me make the best of each and every day to clear my mind so that I can hear from You.

Please broaden my mind that I can accept all things. Let me not whine and whimper over things I have no control over.And give me the best response when I'm pushed beyond my limits..

I know that when I can't pray, You listen to my heart. Continue to use me to do Your will. Continue to bless me that I may be a blessing to others. Keep me strong that I may help the weak... Keep me uplifted that I may have words of encouragement for others. I pray for those that are lost and can't find their way.

I pray for those that are misjudged and misunderstood. I pray for those who don't know You intimately. I pray for those that will delete this without sharing it with others I pray for those that don't believe.

But I thank You that I believe that God changes people and God changes things. I pray for all my sisters and brothers. For each and every family member in their households. I pray for peace, love and joy in their homes; that they are out of debt and all their needs are met.

I pray that every eye that reads this knows there is no problem, circumstance, or situation greater than God. Every battle is in Your hands for You to fight.

I pray that these words be received into the hearts of every eye that sees it in Jesus' name. Amen!

2 comments:

Nic said...

Awesome post Carrie! I am going to print it out and put it on my refrigerator! What you dealt with last night, I deal with on a nightly basis and even take medicine to help control. I feel your pain! You aren't alone! Gone are our carefree days of highschool. It's amazing what we put ourselves through because these little people mean so very much to us! I hope you have a peaceful night of rest tonight even if it is on the very edge of the bed next to your beautiful babies!

Gina said...

The other day I was looking online at everything that is going on in Mexico and it disturbed me so much that I went and got Ava out of her bed and brought her in bed with me. It is so hard not to worry about something that might happen. But this was a good reminder for me Carrie! Even if something bad does happen, God is still in control. This verse is one that I need to memorize and recite the next time I start to worry.


"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."
Romans 8:28