I knew this day would come soon, but I really didn't think it would be today. Lilah had her 4 month checkup today, and is now free of her little buddy. The reports downloaded from her monitor showed no significant apnea episodes, so we are free and clear. I am extremely happy but I am sure Mike and I will be nervous wrecks for a while. I thought I would celebrate with a top ten list probably only my husband could relate to.
Top 10 Reasons Why I am Happy Lilah's monitor is gone
1. That is 5 lbs less I have to carry around
2. No more pulling the leads off
3. No more screatching alarms in the middle of the night
4. No more getting tangles in the cords
5. Lilah can wear pajamas that zip
6. Lilah can wear tights now
7. Much easier to move around the house
8. One less step to go through each day
9. No more forgetting to charge the battery every night or worry abut the memory being full and not recording something important
10. My baby feels like a baby
#1 Reason why I want Lilah's monitor back on
I am terrified something is going to happen and I am not going to catch it
Other exciting news, Lilah is doing good and developing right on track. She is 13 lbs 11oz and in the 5oth percentile, she is 23 3/4 inches and in the 10th percentile for height. She is flying through 3-6 month clothes and making her way in to 6-9 month clothes, at 4 months of age.
I thought Lilah and I would celebrate tonight. Did we throw back a few beers and burgers? Partly. I had a Whopper for the first time, yummy. And we topped off the night with her sleeping in pajamas that zip for the first time.
Yea Lilah. Now off to bed to sit there and stare at her all night long.